People are constantly looking for motivational tools that can spark a burst of enthusiasm and energy. Raising motivation levels is one of the top three priorities for any manager or employer. Companies frequently invest large amounts of time, effort and money to organize motivational sessions and conferences in order to boost employee morale. Motivational videos provide an exciting alternative for employers that allow them to keep employee spirit and moral at higher levels and still maintain a reasonable training budget.
Motivational videos are different from corporate videos. The purpose of creating a motivational video is to inspire. These videos are not meant to train employees or deliver information. Instead, they are carefully designed to inspire listeners to develop a sense of greater loyalty to the organization and renew their commitment to excellence. Such videos can instill a feeling of pride and personal dedication, and infuse optimism and energy in all employees.
Benefits of Motivational Videos
Motivational videos are not meant to be dry and drab lessons that spell out ways in which a person can meet sales targets for the month. Instead, these videos help employees develop a positive mindset about facing challenges. Here are just a few ways in which motivational videos can help an employee discover his sense of self worth and feel impassioned about his role in the organization.
- Employees learn undiscovered skills that can help them deal with obstacles in their path.
- Employees are encouraged to think about different ways to face challenges.
- Motivational videos can deliver the important message that success is a matter of attitude.
- Motivational videos help employees build their teamwork skills.
- Employees are encouraged to make the best use of their individual talents.
- Motivational videos can enable employees to see boundless possibilities before them. Very often, employees get stuck in the repetitiveness of their daily grind, and may lose focus of the fact that they are individuals with their own potential for greatness. A motivational video can help employees to tap into his or her inner potential.
- Motivational videos can encourage employees to think out of the box, and to develop novel approaches to solve a problem.
- Employees will learn to set and achieve goals.
- The video can be watched over and over for a single, affordable fixed price.
Motivational videos frequently include appearances by famous and accomplished people who have been able to set benchmarks in their field. For instance, a motivational video that features Lance Armstrong’s incredible journey back from cancer to reclaim his position as the number one cyclist in the world is an inspiriting tale that leaves few unaffected. This type of story makes for a great theme when you’re motivating employees to bounce back after a year of poor performance. These themes are inspiring during times of grave economic turmoil when employees will need a major boost of inspirational energy to focus on their goals.
A great motivational video however doesn’t need a celebrity anchor to inspire. For instance, a video that captures how an ordinary sailing team walked away winning first place in a championship makes for the kind of inspiring story that is universally popular. A theme that involves a group of determined individuals that blaze to the top based solely on their abilities and teamwork can be an incredibly inspiring.
Although motivation videos are an excellent way to overcome adversity, an employer doesn’t have to wait until there is trouble to use motivational videos to boost employee morale. Motivation needs to be constantly fed and nurtured to keep from drying up. Motivational videos can help achieve and maintain the kind of energy levels that you desire in your employees. These videos will certainly help to boost performance when employees are pushed to explore their creativity and develop unique, untested methods of problem solving. Such levels of employee enthusiasm and participation can only be beneficial to your company, and motivational videos will nurture exactly such an environment.